Solar Panel Cleaning in Honolulu, HI
Why Should I Clean My Solar Panels
- To ensure they are functioning at full capacity
- To inspect the panels for damages that may have occurred
- To save the most money possible on utilities
Solar panels for both water and electric are a huge expense to homeowners. If they are not performing at there peak than you are loosing both money and savings. The entire surface of a solar panel is the conductor, if the power of the sun is blocked by obstructions such as leaves, bird droppings, dirt, trash,road pollution, mold etc, they will not deliver to their full potential. Even a light sheen from acid rain and vog will affect your panels output. Reports throughout the solar industry say that the lack of a regular cleaning schedule cause solar panels to lose 15-25% of their efficiency and increase the return on investment time by 3-5 years.
Can I Clean My Own Panels?
Absolutely, cleaning solar panels is simple. With the right tools and proper cleaning agents almost anyone can clean a panel. However there are many factors that may deter you from doing so.
- You don't want to. (some people wash their car some get it washed)
- You are afraid of heights
- You don't have the proper tools and training (ladders, squeegees or safety devices)
- You don't have the ability
- You don't have the time
- It can be extremely dangerous
- You can't find the best cleaning agents on island
- You don't have the knowledge
- Many other personal reasons
How Will You Clean My Solar Panels?
- We clean with industry proven cleaning agents that will not scratch, etch or damage your panels
- We use micro fiber towels and squeegees
- We rinse with water
- We have the experience and safety training
- We are licensed and insured
- We highly recommend a roof washing prior to installation